Disclaimer: The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in any way.
TL;DR: I am a computer science geek, who loves to work with computers and electronics in general and I blog about it here.
My name is Wojciech Gawroński (afronski on the internet), and I am Software Engineer and an owner of White Rook company. I am the passionate programmer (I would like to call myself a hacker, but I believe that someone else has to call me that way). I specialize in distributed systems, cloud computing (mainly AWS), web development and operations. I have more than ten years of professional experience. I love adding value, and I firmly believe that IT should be pragmatic, which means being a servant for the business.
My always evergreen profile can be found on LinkedIn.
Besides that, I am passionate about:
- applying Lean into IT, which includes evangelizing DevOps culture,
- speaking, preparing workshops and meet-ups and sharing IT knowledge,
- cloud computing (with emphasis on AWS, in which I am certified expert),
- applying functional programming to different areas of IT industry e.g. DDD,
- distributed systems, how they work and theory behind them,
- how browsers work and how to optimize front-end applications,
- how to build a programming language, compiler, virtual machine, JIT,
- computer graphics and game development in the browser,
- applying computer graphics (
3D) to the various visualization techniques,
- theory of algorithms and data structures.